Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grilled London Broil w/ Red, White, and Blue Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Mushroom Blend,..

Today's Menu: Grilled London Broil w/ Red, White, and Blue Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Mushroom Blend, and Whole Grain Bread



I think Summertime is here! It's 90 degrees and getting very humid out, never bad enough not to grill though! I had a grilled London Broil Steak that I had seasoned with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. Grilled it on medium high about 4 minutes per side. Came moist and juicy. I'm saving half the Steak for another dish Friday or Saturday. I prefer Bison but the London Broil isn't a bad substitute!

Along with the Steak I tried another new one  Red, White, and Blue Roasted Potatoes w/ Cheese and Bacon. Very good Summery potato dish. I used Red Potatoes, Fingerling Potatoes, and Purple Potatoes. First time I ever used Purple Potatoes. I found them yesterday while at Jungle Jim's Market. i quartered the potatoes and added them to a bowl that I had added and mixed Kraft Free Ranch Dressing, Sargento Shredded Italian 4 Cheese Blend, Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits, and Dill. Mixed the Potatoes in making sure they were coated and spooned them into a baking dish and baked at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. I left the recipe at the end of the post. I think you'll like this one the Ranch Dressing gives the Potatoes a really great flavor. I also sauteed a Mushroom Blend of Baby Bella, Shiitake, Oyster Mushrooms. I seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Parsley, and Smoked Cumin. For bread I had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread.






Roasted Red, White, and Blue Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing
1/2 Tbsp. Chopped Dill
1/2 Cup Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Italian Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
2 Each small Red Potatoes, Fingerling Potatoes, and Purple Potatoes, quartered
1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh Parsley

Directions:

HEAT oven to 350°F.

MIX first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.

SPOON into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover.

BAKE 55 min. or until potatoes are tender, uncovering after 40 min. Sprinkle with parsley.




No comments:

Post a Comment