Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whole Grain Penne Pasta and Turkey Sausage

Dinner Tonight:  Whole Grain Penne Pasta and Turkey Sausage w/ Low Carb Pasta Sauce and Whole Grain Bread



Another rainy and dreary day and on days like this nothing like a hearty and healthy comfort food dinner.I had Whole Grain Penne Pasta and Turkey Sausage. This is a definite added recipe keeper! I used Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Penne Rigate Pasta, a healthy pasta choice at 180 calories and 41 carbs. For the sauce I used Bella Vita Low Carb Pasta Sauce and that being only 70 calories and 6 carbs! I love this sauce it has great flavor and good on any pasta. So you get the full flavor of pasta sauce but not the calories or carbs. Then for the Turkey Sausage I tried a new one, Johnsonville Turkey Sausage. The sausage is 110 calories and 0 carbs.

I precooked and sliced the Turkey Sausage earlier. I boiled the pasta and while it was boiling I heated the pasta sauce and added the sliced Turkey Sausage. After boiling and draining the pasta I added the pasta back to pot and added the sauce and sausage to it and mixed until the pasta was well coated. Seasoned the Pasta with McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning and some fresh chopped Italian Parsley. Served the pasta with Healthy Choice Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread Cupcake. Instead of making the Nut Quick Bread in mini loaf pans I made them into cupcakes, they turned out fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment