Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Three Bean Turkey Chili Night

Dinner Tonight: Three Bean Turkey Chili w/ Cornbread


I knew I would be busy most of the day so I wanted something that wouldn't take that long to prepare. Nothing easier than a Crock Pot Meal so I decided to make some more of the 3 Bean Turkey Chili! I browned and seasoned the Ground Turkey the night before so in the morning all I had to do was open the Beans up, start the Crock Pot and add everything to the pot. I set it on low and I was done. By 5:00 the Chili was ready, you could tell by the aroma that had filled the kitchen. I topped with a handful of Shredded Gouda Cheese. On the side I had a few Oyster Crackers and a slice of Cornbread my Mom had fixed for their dinner yesterday. For a dessert/snack later a bag of Jolly Time 100 Calories Mini Bag of Pop Corn. Life is good! 

Three Bean Turkey Chili

Ingredients

1 lb. Ground turkey
2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
1 Can (15 oz.) Chili Beans, rinsed
1 Can (15 oz.) Kidney Beans, rinsed
1 Can (15 oz.) Great Northern Beans, rinsed
1/2 Cup of Water
1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick)
1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick)
1 Tsp. Ground Smoked Cumin
1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves
5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.
KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Oyster Crackers, Reduced Fat

*COOK turkey in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 min. or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining ingredients except 1 can of the tomato paste and the cheese and crackers.

*ADD to slow cooker and add in the remaining 1 can of tomato paste.

*COVER with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 5 to 6 hours).

*Serve in bowl or mug with cheese and the oyster crackers, A Tablespoon of fat free sour cream, or serve with some home made cornbread ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment