Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tilapia Tacos!


Dinner Tonight: Tilapia Tacos


I wanted Fish tacos so I found a couple of recipes on line and combined the two and they came out perfect. I used some of the delicious Tilapia that I have been buying from Walmart. The seasoning is perfect for Fish with a little bit of a kick but not overpowering. For the Salsa I used my favorite it's a Kroger Store Brand Naturally Preferred Black Bean and Corn Organic Salsa. I also used  Murray's Maple Smoked White Cheddar Cheese. If you've never tried Murray's Cheese, and it's available in your area, give it try. They have a wide variety and always great tasting. Anyway I assembled all the ingredients on to my Stand Up Tacos and enjoyed 2 very delicious Tacos! I left the recipe below.

Tilapia Fish Tacos
Makes 4 tacos

Ingredients:

1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Cilantro Flakes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lime
2 6-Ounce Tilapia fillets (or Mahi Mahi or Haddock would work well)
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
4 Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Taco Shells or use a Soft Taco's

For toppings:
I used Mezzetta Deli Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers, Mixed Salad from a Salad Bag, Murray's Maple Smoked White Cheddar, Naturally Preferred Black Bean and Corn Organic Salsa (Kroger Brand)

Directions:
1) Prepare the fish. Mix the Chili Powder, Smoked Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Cilantro, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and the juice of 1 Lime in a small bowl. Arrange the fish fillets in a glass baking dish or plate. Brush fillets on both sides with spice mixture and season with Salt and Pepper. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

2) Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil. Saute the fillets until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and break into bite-sized chunks with a fork.

3) Assemble the tacos. Divide fish among four tortillas and add your favorite toppings and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment