Monday, November 28, 2011

Not So Sloppy Turkey Joes w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans

Dinner Tonight: Not So Sloppy Turkey Joes w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans



Love those Turkey Joes! I tried a new Sloppy Joe Sauce. I used Hormel Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce. Very good Sauce! Thick and Hearty with great flavor. Easier to use than Sloppy Joe Mix also. No adding water and extra simmering time. I'll be stocking up on this my next visit to the grocery store. I used Jennie - O Extra Lean Ground Turkey which is only 120 calories and 0 carbs! I fried the Turkey in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned it with Ground Smoked Cumin, Ground Thyme, Parsley, Sea Salt, and Ground Pepper. When the Turkey was done I drained the skillet of fat and oil and added the jar of Sauce, stirring until mixed and warmed. Easy to fix and delicious. At the end of the post I left the Hormel description and nutrition of the Sauce. I served the Turkey Joe on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun and topped it with Maytag Crumbled Bleu Cheese.
As a side I had some Kicked Up Spicy Chili Beans. I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Frank's Hot Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon, Jack Daniel's Smoked Honey BBQ Sauce, and a teaspoon of Splenda Brown Sugar. For a dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.

Not So Sloppy Joe Sauce

Richer and Thicker and Far From Ordinary

Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce is as distinctive as its name. Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce has a hint of barbecue flavor and is richer and thicker than other sloppy joe sauces.

Since its beginning in 1985, there’s been one very graphic way to show the thick and rich texture of Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce: the “drip test.” When you hold up a sloppy joe made with Not-So-Sloppy-Joe® sloppy joe sauce, there are no drips. It’s that rich and thick.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
Amount per Serving
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 4.5
% Daily Value *

Total Fat 0.5g
    0%
Saturated Fat 0g
    0%
Cholesterol 0mg
    0%
Sodium 810mg
    33%
Total Carbohydrate 15g
    5%
Dietary Fiber 1g
    4%
Sugars 10g
    
Protein 1g
    2%

No comments:

Post a Comment