Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Off the Metformin!




Well after changing my diet and eating habits, weight loss, and daily exercise I am off the Diabetes2 medication Metformin! I've been on it since being diagnosed in Sept. of 2006. The past year I really cracked down on the late night snacking and a pinch of something here and there. I snack on Gala Apples, Whole Natural Almonds, Sugar Free Jello and such. I'm also a firm believer of Green Tea. I drink 5 cups a day of hot brewed Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. My numbers on Triglycerides, Cholesterol, and Sugar all started turning around when I started drinking Green Tea.   

Another problem was getting enough exercise. Being in a wheelchair was making it difficult to get the proper exercise. I can't afford a gym membership so I purchased some weights and a tabletop Peddle Exerciser and lift weights once a day and the Pedal Exerciser three times a day. So all the changes worked and as of today I'm off the Diabetes2 medication Metformin! Now the next thing is to stay the course I've taken and keep making smart decisions on what I eat. Anyway it's been a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Weight loss need diet for better effects of its. Avoid fat and high calories are necessary for proper weight loss treatment.

    ReplyDelete