Monday, November 21, 2011

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Au Gratin Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and..

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Au Gratin Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and Whole Grain Bread



I had one the best tasting Walleye fillets I've had in a long time. I purchased it from Meijer the other day along with a couple of Rainbow Trout fillets. I rolled the fillet in a Whole Wheat Flour and Italian Bread Crumb mix. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Black Peppercorn. I fried it on Medium Low heat in a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side and it turned out golden brown and delicious!

As sides I had Grilled Asparagus Spears and Idahoan Potatoes Au Gratin.I love Idahoan Potatoes Au Gratin! They are a breeze to fix and turn out perfect! The box contains your Potatoes and Sauce. You just add Water, 3/4 Cup 2% Milk and 1 1/2 Tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. You can either bake it or cook it on stove top. I baked mine to give it a Golden Browning. Baked it for 25 minutes at 450 degrees. They are 160 Calories and 20 carbs as fixed by the directions but I substituted the Milk for 2% Milk and Butter with the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter to cut back on both the calories and carbs. Along with the Asparagus and Potatoes I had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Yoplait Delight 100 Calorie Parfait.

No comments:

Post a Comment