Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mahi Mahi w/ Au Gratin Potatoes, Brown Rice, and...

Tonight's Dinner : Mahi Mahi w/ Au Gratin Potatoes, Brown Rice, and Whole Grain Bread




I used the seasoning/marinade I used the other night for my Fish Tacos on my Mahi Mahi tonight. I'll leave the recipe at the end of the post. This seasoning works really well with the Mahi Mahi also. After brushing both sides of the fillet with the seasoning I let it marinate for about 30 minutes before frying. Seasoned both sides of the fillet with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I used a half a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying and fried each side about 3 minutes per side. The fillets came out perfect! Flaky and moist with a whole lot of great flavor.

As sides I had Idahoan Au Gratin Potatoes, which have became my new favorite, Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with a tablespoon of Cool Whip Free. 



Fish Seasoning

Ingredients:

1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon of Cilantro Flakes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lime

Directions:
1) Prepare the fish. Mix the Chili Powder, Smoked Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Cilantro, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and the juice of 1 Lime in a small bowl. Arrange the fish fillets in a glass baking dish or plate. Brush fillets on both sides with spice mixture and season with Salt and Pepper. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment