Thursday, August 16, 2018

Seasoned Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans and Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans and Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges






For Breakfast on this rainy Thursday Morning I prepared a Scrambled Egg, toasted 2 slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast I drove Mom back to Jungle Jim's. She wanted another bag of the Green Beans and picked up some Beets. Back home it was back to canning the rest of the Green Beans. Then Mom canned the Beets she had bought. Another busy day of canning. For Dinner Tonight I prepared Seasoned Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans and Baked Fingerling Potato Wedges.







While at Jungle Jim's International Market I just had to go to their Seafood Department! I picked
some Haddock, they just got the Haddock in and I to wait a bit until they had it ready. Then I also picked up a an Orange Roughy Fillet, New Zealand caught. I love their Seafood Department, in fact I love the whole store! I'm having the Haddock tonight!







 To prepare it I rinsed the fillet off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Next I sliced it in
half. So to prepare it I seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until both pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is.



For a side I cooked up some of the fresh Green Beans we bought at Jungle Jim's. Had to string them and break them up. Then boiled them with a piece of Fatback Pork in the kettle. Love these fresh Green Beans! And we 14 quarts of canned Beans now!










Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large
bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Still can’t figure out why it’s so hard to find Fingerling Potatoes in this area. Still only 1 store around here locally that sells them, so thank you Jungle Jim’s! I also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House The family’s favorite Baked Bread. And Meijer is the only store that sells this around here. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.






Haddock

The haddock is a saltwater fish from the family Gadidae, the true cods, it is the only species in the
monotypic genus Melanogrammus. – Wikipedia

Nutrition Facts
Haddock, cooked
Amount Per 1 fillet (150 g)
Calories 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.8 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.2 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.1 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99 mg 33%
Sodium 391 mg 16%
Potassium 527 mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
Sugar 0 g
Protein 30 g 60%




RiverRoad Bake House Garlic Oval Loaf Bread

Calling all garlic lovers! Made with real roasted garlic, our Garlic Oval is the perfect base for
bruschetta and savory sandwiches. Feeling bold? Top with garlic butter for the ultimate garlic bread!

WARM AT HOME
* Remove from packaging
* Heat oven to 400˚F (200˚C)
* Warm for 5 min

INGREDIENTS
Enriched wheat flour (flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, roasted garlic, salt, cultured organic wheat starch, sour starter [cultured wheat flour, wheat flour, yeast, lactic acid (from bacterial culture)], extra virgin olive oil, organic whole wheat flo

No comments:

Post a Comment