Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Chicken and Dumplings and Cornbread!

Dinner Tonight; Chicken and Dumplings and Cornbread




For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Thomas Light 100% Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Partly
cloudy with rain later in the afternoon, high of 90 degrees. Did a load of laundry and some light house cleaning. Then spent most of the afternoon writing an appeal letter to my insurance over my policy increase and balance of over $7,000. My insurance has been one big screw up! All I can do is wait and see what happens with the Appeal. On top of that I had to go the Dentist, which I can't stand doing. But had no choice I've got a cavity. More on that later. Anyway a real Dinner treat tonight! My Mom is making her melt-in-your mouth Chicken and Dumplings and some Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread.



My Mom is making her Chicken and Dumplings for Dinner Tonight! She used Bisquick Heart Smart Mix for the Dumplings and Amish Chicken Breasts for the Chicken. She first made the Dumplings using a recipe found on Bisquick Boxes. Made those and set them aside until ready to use.










For the Chicken. She boiled the Skinles Chicken Breasts in a pot until they were done adding more water to them twice. After the Chicken was cooked she removed them from the pot and roughly shredded it. Returned it to the pot of Broth or Stew and added the Dumplings, reducing the heat. Cooked the two together uncovered for 10 minutes and then another 12 minutes covered until they were done.







As I said these Dumplings just melt in your mouth! Just incredible flavor with the Chicken being moist and adding it's flavor. I can't have these often, having Diabetes 2, but once in a while is fine!












As the Chicken and Dumplings were cooking I made the Cornbread. I made a small Cast iron Skillet of Cornbread. As always I used Martha White Corn Meal Mix, something I think I could eat every
meal. I like a nice fresh and hot slice with Butter on it. When I make this I just make it by the instructions on the package but I only use half the ingredients because I use a small cast iron skillet to make it. I use Egg Beaters and Extra Virgin Oil instead of Eggs and Vegetable Oil the recipe calls for. Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes and you have some golden brown piping hot Cornbread! If you use a small cast iron skillet just cut the recipe in half and it comes out just right for the skillet size. What a dinner tonight! For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.





Betty Crocker Bisquick Heart Smart Pancake and Baking Mix

Betty Crocker Bisquick Low Fat Pancake & Baking Mix Heart Smart 40.0 oz Box. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. Bisquick Heart Smart is low in fat, low in saturated fat and naturally cholesterol free. Excellent Source of Calcium; Fat Free; Naturally Cholesterol Free; Kosher.

* Pancake mix makes fluffy, mouth-watering pancakes, waffles, and more
* Quick and easy breakfast; just add water and pour onto griddle
* Easy to personalize with fruits, nuts or chocolate chips
* Stock up your pantry with an easy and delicious breakfast option for everyone
* The Red Spoon is my promise of great taste, quality, and convenience; This is a product you and your family will enjoy, I guarantee it - Betty Crocker 

No comments:

Post a Comment