Friday, August 10, 2018

Bison New York Strip and Sauted Mushrooms w/ Sliced New Potatoes and Seasoned Pinto Beans

Dinner Tonight: Bison New York Strip and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Sliced New Potatoes and  Seasoned Pinto Beans




I normally prepare Breakfast here at the house but today I had Panera Bread Breakfast Sandwich. I'm usually up by 6:00 in the morning but slept in till after 7:00, which is late for me. Mom got up around 8:00 and I headed out to Panera Bread. I bought us a couple of Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches, which we'll be having again! They were delicious! Good size and fantastic taste. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Mostly cloudy out and 86 degrees, rain shower in the early evening. Cleaned the house and cleaned up around the outside later on. For Dinner tonight a Bison New York Strip and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Sliced New Potatoes and Seasoned Pinto Beans




I'm trying the Buffalo Gal - Bison New York Strip Steak for Dinner tonight! Recently I've had the Buffalo Gal Bison Cube Steak and the Buffalo Sliders and loved both.So tonight it's their New York Strip Steak. To prepare it I'll need; McCormick Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, and Extra Light Olive Oil, and 1 Cast Iron Skillet! I'll be preparing the Steak by frying it in a Cast Iron Skillet.






To prepare it I start by adding a 1/2 tablespoon of the Extra Light Olive Oil and preheating  the Cast Iron Skillet on high heat. Next I Salted and Peppered the Steak, brushed with a little of the Butter, then placed in the heated Skillet. I let it sear on the high heat for about 4 minutes.  Then turned it once using tongs.  Continued cooking on the high heat for about another 2 minutes for a perfect medium rare steak. They say key is to get the sear on one side first and do not flip back and forth, just one time.  Then I let Steak rest 15 minutes before slicing.







And WOW what a Steak! So tender, flavorful, and juicy. Excellent Steak, I'll be having this one
again. I served it with some Sauteed Mushrooms.













For one side I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes. I use a lot of Del Monte Vegetable
Products, always delicious and store a lot longer than fresh Vegetables. To prepare them I emptied the can into a small sauce pan. Heated it on medium heat until heated through.










Then for a second side I prepared a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans. It doesn’t get much better for a canned Beans than these! To prepare it just empty the contents into a medium saucepan. Cover it and bring it to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to slow simmer and serve when ready. I love Beans of all kinds and these Seasoned Pinto Beans are at the top of the list, love the Seasoning.For Dessert/Snack later some slices of Boar's Head Longhorn Colby Cheese along with Whole Wheat Saltine Crackers, good ole Cheese and Crackers!








Buffalo Gal - Bison New York Strips
A customer favorite. Cut thick and ideal for grilling. Receive 2 (7-9 oz.) steaks. (2 steaks per package, package is over 1 lb.)

Nutrition (8 oz.):
Fat: 4.8g, Calories: 260, Protein: 54g, Sodium: 180mg

Suggested Cooking Method:
Preheat your pan on high.  Cast iron or non-stick.   Salt and Pepper the meat, brush with a little butter, then place in the pan.  Let it sear on the high heat for about 4 minutes.  You will see the meat color change on the sides.  Then turn once using tongs or turner to flip.  Continue cooking on the high heat for about another 3 minutes for a perfect medium steak.  2 minutes for rare or 5 minutes for well done.  The key is to get the sear on one side first and do not flip back and forth, just one time.  Let meat rest 15 minutes before slicing.
http://www.buffalogal.com/Bison-New-York





Panera Bread - Ham, Egg and Cheese
Over easy egg, a thick slice of Vermont white cheddar and smoked, lean ham with salt and pepper on our freshly baked Whole Grain Bread.

350 -Calories
16g - Total Fat
910mg - Sodium
30g - Total Carb
4g - Fiber
23g - Protein
https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/menu-categories/breakfast-.html?utm_source=yext_pages#ham-egg-cheese

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment