Sunday, August 12, 2018

Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chips and Ranch Dip

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chips and Ranch Dip





To start my Sunday morning off I prepared Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to
prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. Topped it off with a Sunnyside Up Egg and also made that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast I headed up to the local Kroger for a few items and picked up Breakfast for Mom at McDonald's. Outside it's mostly Sunny, humid, and 88 degrees. I got the cart out and did some yard work this afternoon.I had a few things to do in the front yard. The Landscaper is coming tomorrow to redo our front flower bed for us. More detail on that tomorrow. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chips and Ranch Dip.





I've been wanting a Pastrami Sandwich so when I went to Kroger this morning I purchased some
Boar's Head Cap-Off Top Round Pastrami and Boar's Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese. Besides the Pastrami and Swiss Cheese I'll need; Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, French's Spicy Brown Mustard, and Blue Bonnet Light Butter.







To prepare it I used my flat top griddle. I gave it a light spray of Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and a 1/2 tablespoon of the Blue Bonnet Butter. Heated the griddle on medium heat. Next I got 2 slices of the Aunt Millie's Bread and spread the Brown Mustard on the inside of 1 slice. Added a slice of the Swiss Cheese and then the Pastrami. Top with another slice of bread. Finally I spread the Blue Bonnet Butter on the outside of both slices of Bread.






  1. With the griddle heated and ready I grilled my Sandwich. Grilled each side until The Bread is toasted and the Cheese melted. Grilled and Ready! The Sandwich was delicious. The Pastrami and Swiss was so good, with the Spicy Brown Mustard adding all kinds of flavor. Swiss Cheese provides such great flavor, especially when it starts to melt. So Good!









To go with the Sandwich I had some Ruffle's Reduced Fat Ruffle’s Potato Chips. I don't Potato Chips that often but with any Sandwich they go great! I also had a tablespoon of Lay's Ranch Chip Dip. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn along with a Mango Diet Snapple to drink.

 









Boar's Head Cap-Off Top Round Pastrami
This hand-trimmed top round is rich and smokey and is generously coated with spices, including black pepper, ginger, cloves and coriander, then patiently smoked.  Boar's Head Top Round Pastrami is bursting with classic New York deli flavor










Boar's Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese
Made in Switzerland with Alpine milk under the watchful eye of Käse Meisters, this cheese has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with earthy notes. Boar's Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese is aged more than 120 days to produce a bold taste, rich color and smooth texture.

https://boarshead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment