Friday, February 6, 2015

Leftovers: Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Jambalaya

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers: Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Jambalaya




On my last visit to Kroger, they finally had Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffins back in stock. It's been a couple of months, if not more, since they had any. They checked with the Bread Distributor which told Kroger they couldn't get in any to stock for an unknown reason. But they have it now! I had been using Thomas English Muffins, which are okay but Healthy Life has fewer calories, carbs, fat, and taste a whole lot better! Another slow day around here again. Ran a couple of errands for Mom, stopped and got gas, and stopped by the bank and back home. For dinner tonight it's Leftovers: Shrimp and Smoked Turkey Sausage Jambalaya.




I had prepared the Jambalaya a couple of nights ago and froze the leftovers. So I was searching the freezer for something to lay out for my dinner, I stopped when I seen the Jambalaya! I set it in the fridge overnight to thaw. To reheat it I used a sauce pan, added the Jambalaya, put the lid on the pan and let it reheat on medium low. The Jambalaya freezes and reheats great. Everything just as good as the first time. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse. Below is the full recipe and post from a couple of nights ago.






I used Zatarain’s New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix (Reduced Sodium) for my base for the Jambalaya. I use Zatarain’s Products whenever I can, love the flavor and seasoning of all their products. To prepare it I just followed the easy instructions on the box. Mixed 2 1/2 cups of Water and 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and brought it to a boil. Added the Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix and my Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage, I had sliced the Sausage into smaller pieces before adding. Returned it to a boil, and then reduced the heat to low. Covered and simmered for about 25 minutes till most of the moisture had been absorbed. With 10 minutes left I added my Jumbo Shrimp, till fully cooked and turned pink. Removed it from the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes before I served it. The Smoked Turkey Sausage and Jumbo Shrimp made a fantastic pairing with the Jambalaya Mix! I added a couple of shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to the mix also, nothing like a little heat to liven things up! This makes one delicious dish.




Zatarain’s New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix (Reduced Sodium)

Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
Authentic New Orleans flavor with 25% less sodium than the original.

* This Easy-to-Prepare Dinner Mix Has Just The Right Blend of Ingredients For A Great-Tasting, Authentic New Orleans Style Meal. Zatarain’s Has Been The Leader In Authentic New Orleans Style Food Since 1889. So When You Want Great Flavor, Jazz It Up With Zatarain’s!
* Zatarain’s, New Orleans, La 70114. Comments Or Questions? Call 1-877-837-3796 Or Visit Us Online At Www.Zatarain.Com For Great Recipe Ideas and Product Information.
* A New Orleans Tradition Since 1889
* 25% Less Sodium Than Our Original Jambalaya Mix
* Add Meat to Make A Complete Meal
* Serves 6
Ingredients;
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Iron Phosphate, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate and Folic Acid), Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Bell Pepper), Salt, Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce (100% Soybean), Dextrose, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Soybean Oil (Tbhq Added As A Preservative), Paprika, Potassium Chloride, Garlic, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Chili Powder, Caramel Color, Silicon Dioxide (Flow Agent).

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 130
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0 0%
Saturated Fat: 0 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 360mg 15%
Total Carb: 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber: <1g 4="" p="">Sugar: 0g
Protein: 3g


http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Reduced-Sodium/Reduced-Sodium-Jambalaya.aspx





No comments:

Post a Comment