Friday, February 20, 2015

Cubed Pork Steak w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cubed Pork Steak w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans






We set another low temperature record for the day, 3rd day in a row, it was -12 this morning. The roads are in good shape, so I had a mild case of Cabin Fever so I needed a few items from the store so I had a reason to get out! I got up to Kroger about 9:00 and they were already getting crowded. Our forecast is for 3-6 inches of snow starting overnight into about noon Saturday. So when they say that four letter word, S-N-O-W, people go nuts around here! Anyway I got home and put everything away and went out to shovel what snow and ice was left on our driveway. I was about half way done and my neighbor came over to help me out, we have some very good neighbors. At least the driveway is clear now, for tonight's snow! So for dinner tonight I prepared a Cubed Pork Steak w/ Golden Hominy, Cut Green Beans, and Baked Whole Grain Bread.






I bought a couple of packages of Cubed Pork Steak at Kroger today, I froze one and having half of the other package. To prepare it I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, a shake of Garlic Powder, Hungarian Paprika, and a couple of shakes of Dried Thyme. Then rolled it in flour, shaking off the excess. Next I heated up a medium size skillet, that I drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, on medium high heat. Added my Cubed Pork and fried both sides about 4 minutes per side, till each side was golden brown. The Cubed Pork Steak came out delicious! Moist and very tender with a good flavor from the Paprika and all the other ingredients.






For a side dish I opened up a can of Kroger Brand Golden Hominy. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. My favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you've never tried it do, makes a good side dish! Then I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and I also baked small Loaf of Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment