Friday, July 25, 2014

Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns, Sliced Carrots, and Glazed Apples

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns, Sliced Carrots, and Glazed Apples




It was 51 degrees this morning when I went out and got the morning paper. Another beautiful day out, sunny and a high of 81 degrees! Took Mom shopping, she needed a new Vaccum Sweeper. Brought her back home and assembled the sweeper, always fun. Then went and got her car washed inside and out. Spent the rest of the day outside enjoying the sunshine! For dinner tonight it's Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns, Sliced Carrots, and Glazed Apples.
 



I had some Walleye that I had purchased from Costco last week in the freezer. I laid one bag in the fridge to thaw overnight. Walleye is such a meaty Fish with great flavor so it doesn't need much breading, just enough to give it a nice crust. I rinsed the fillets off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then dusted them with a light coat of Flour. I panned fried them in Canola Oil about 3 1/2 minutes per side, to a nice golden brown. Walleye has that wild fresh taste about it, and these were delicious!


For one side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, my favorite Potatoes by far. Then as my Hash Browns were frying I heated up a small can of Walmart Brand Sliced Carrots. I also heated up some Bob Evan's Glazed Apples, it comes in a microwavable container and is a quick and delicious way to have Glazed Apples. Quite a dinner tonight! For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream topped with a tablespoon of the Glazed Apples I had prepared for dinner earlier.



BOB EVANS SLICED GLAZED APPLES
A classic taste that will make everyone think you slaved in the kitchen, Bob Evans Sliced Glazed Apples are a perfect side dish or topping. Sold in the grocer’s refrigerated section, they’re ready to serve in less than 5 minutes.


BOB EVANS SLICED GLAZED APPLES
Serving Size 1/2 cup (116g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories: 140
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 35mg
Total Carbs 32g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Protein 2g


http://www.bobevans.com/Grocery/59/Bob-Evans-Sliced-Glazed-Apples

No comments:

Post a Comment