Thursday, July 24, 2014

Baked (Leftover) Pot Roast Mini Sub w/ Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Baked Leftover) Pot Roast Mini Sub w/ Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots






What a beautiful morning, sunny and 60 degrees with no humidity! I mean a perfect morning. Got the cart out early this morning and was on and off of it all day, enjoying this weather. Repaired an eave spout in the back of the house and straightened up the shed a bit. For dinner tonight it was leftovers, some delicious leftovers! I prepared a Baked Pot Roast Mini Sub w/ Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots.








The Pot Roast Beef (Beef Shoulder) was so delicious last night for dinner, I didn't want to waste any of the leftovers. I took the Pot Roast and shredded it up a bit, discarding what little fat from it. Using a Crock Pot to prepare any meat, in most cases will get rid of most of the fat and turn it to flavor. I took the Shredded Beef and layered it on a Meijer Bakery Perfection Deli Mini Wheat Sub Bun. Topped it with just a bit of Sweet Hot Stone Ground Mustard and a slice of Boar's Head Muenster Cheese. I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and buttered the top Bun, so when I bake it will be nice and toasty. Put it on a small cookie sheet and baked for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Yesterday's pot Roast has made one delicious Mini Sub! The Beef moist and delicious, the melted Cheese over top, Sweet Mustard, and the crusty Bun, it all combines for one great Sandwich!








Then for a side I reheated some of the Red Potatoes and Baby Carrots. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment