Monday, July 21, 2014

Leftovers - Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers - Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya







As I finished a light Breakfast this morning, I did the dishes and began my morning workout. I always have the TV on when I'm exercising to make the time go quicker, big mistake this morning! I have the Cooking Channel on and the first show on is all about Donuts, Nooooo! I haven't had many Donuts since I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 several years ago. Back in the day now I could do a whole lot of damage to a dozen Donuts! But I avoid them now until today! Thank you Cooking Channel!!! Rather than fight it I went out and got a dozen for Mom and Dad and myself from Dunkin Donuts. Sticker Shock, Now it's been a real long time since I purchased a dozen Donuts so I was amazed that a dozen costs $8.99 a dozen! I'm glad I don't eat them anymore for that price. $8.99 for fried dough! Oh well I had 1 plain and 1 chocolate frosted and yearning was filled. Thanks again Cooking Channel! For dinner tonight it's leftovers. I reheated the Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Jambalaya.








You have to love leftovers, perhaps the easiest meal of all to prepare. When I prepared it I used Zatarain’s New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix (Reduced Sodium) for my base for the Jambalaya. I use Zatarain’s Products whenever I can, love the flavor and seasoning of all their products. To prepare it I just followed the easy instructions on the box. Mixed 2 1/2 cups of Water and 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and brought it to a boil. Added the Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix and my Johnsonville Andouille Smoked Sausage, I had sliced the Sausage into smaller pieces before adding. Returned it to a boil, and then reduced the heat to low. Covered and simmered for about 25 minutes till most of the moisture had been absorbed. With 10 minutes left I added my (Kroger Brand) Jumbo Shrimp, till fully cooked and turned pink. Removed it from the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes before I served it. The Andouille Sausage and Jumbo Shrimp make a fantastic pairing with the Jambalaya Mix! I added a couple of shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to the mix also, nothing like a little heat to kick things up! The meal was good the second time around as it was the first! The Rice and all the Meat warmed up perfectly. I also had a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. This makes one delicious Jambalaya Dish. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.






Zatarain’s New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix (Reduced Sodium)



Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
Authentic New Orleans flavor with 25% less sodium than the original.

* This Easy-to-Prepare Dinner Mix Has Just The Right Blend of Ingredients For A Great-Tasting, Authentic New Orleans Style Meal. Zatarain’s Has Been The Leader In Authentic New Orleans Style Food Since 1889. So When You Want Great Flavor, Jazz It Up With Zatarain’s!
* Zatarain’s, New Orleans, La 70114. Comments Or Questions? Call 1-877-837-3796 Or Visit Us Online At Www.Zatarain.Com For Great Recipe Ideas and Product Information.
* A New Orleans Tradition Since 1889
* 25% Less Sodium Than Our Original Jambalaya Mix
* Add Meat to Make A Complete Meal
* Serves 6
Ingredients;
Enriched Long Grain Parboiled Rice (Iron Phosphate, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate and Folic Acid), Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Bell Pepper), Salt, Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce (100% Soybean), Dextrose, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Soybean Oil (Tbhq Added As A Preservative), Paprika, Potassium Chloride, Garlic, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Chili Powder, Caramel Color, Silicon Dioxide (Flow Agent).



Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 130
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0 0%
Saturated Fat: 0 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 360mg 15%
Total Carb: 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber: <1g 4="" p="">Sugar: 0g
Protein: 3g


http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Reduced-Sodium/Reduced-Sodium-Jambalaya.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment