Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pita Bread Chili Dogs!

Dinner Tonight: Pita Bread Chili Dogs






Spent the day on a project I've been meaning to do for a while now. I refinished a small book case I have. The top of it had watermarks on it that had ruined the finish. For dinner I prepared Pita Bread Chili Dogs.





I've using Pita Bread instead of Buns lately, lower in calories, fat, and carbs. So I thought why not try a Chili and Cheese Dog. I used Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks, which I use whenever I eat Hot Dogs, best tasting Turkey Frank there is. You can grill them or boil them, I boiled these. Then for my Chili I used Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar along with some French's Yellow Mustard. While warming the Chili up I added a few shakes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, everythings better with Frank's! Then for my Pita Bread I used Joseph's Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread. I've been dropping a few pounds and Joseph's helps by cutting the calories, fat, and carbs from sandwiches or anything else I would normally use a Bun for. Turned out delicious! I'll have these again soon.





For a dessert/snack later a new product, Keebler Town House Oven Baked Pita Crackers w/ Sea Salt. I had those and dipped them in some Helluva Good Bacon and Horse Radish Sour Cream Dip. Made a nice combo, the Crackers are 70 calories and 11 carbs for 6 Crackers.





Keebler Town House Oven Baked Pita Crackers

Host a happy get-together with these crisp, oven-baked crackers with a rustic blend of savory herbs and spices inspired by pita crackers. They make the perfect pair with your favorite toppings and dips.


NUTRITION FACTS
Serving size 6 crackers (15g)
Calories 70 Kcal
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 140 mg
Total Carbohydrate  11g
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g


http://www.keebler.com/product-keebler-town-house-pita-crackers-sea-salt-31694.aspx




Helluva Good BACON HORSERADISH DIP

Heluva Good!® Bacon Horseradish Dip blends flavorful bacon bits and zesty horseradish with creamy sour cream to create intense flavor that adds kick to any BBQ or get together.

Ingredients
CULTURED PASTEURIZED MILK, CREAM AND NONFAT MILK, SALT SUGAR, BACON BITS (CURED WITH WATER, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM NITRATE, SMOKE FLAVORING, SUGAR, SODIUM ERYTHORBATE, BROWN SUGAR, SODIUM ASCORBATE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, DEXTROSE), TORULA YEAST (SULFITES), DEHYDRATED HORSERADISH, SILICON DIOXIDE, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, HYDROLYZED CORN GLUTEN, DEHYDRATED ONION, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, SPICE, DISODIUM IOSINATE, AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE, MALTODEXTRIN, CARAMEL COLOR, YEAST EXTRACT, GELATIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO PRESERVE FRESHNESS), SOYBEAN OIL AND ENZYME.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size2 Tbsp (31 g)
Amount per Serving
Calories50 Calories from Fat40
% Daily Values
Total Fat4.5g 7%
  Saturated Fat 3g 14%
  Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol20mg 6%
Sodium250mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate2g 1%
Fiber0g 0%
Sugar2g
Protein1g 3%


http://www.heluvagood.com/products/proddetail.aspx?id=368

No comments:

Post a Comment