Monday, August 19, 2013

Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Whole Grain Brown Rice and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Whole Grain Brown Rice and Green Beans






About three months ago I seen my family doctor and my sugar was up a bit so he wanted me to watch what I eat and try to lose a few pounds. Losing weight is hard enough but if your working with just a right leg it's a bit tougher. Being an left leg amputee I just get the normal exercise as a normal person. I'm a notorious snacker, nothing large but a pinch here and a bite there and it all adds up. So I've been snacking on Apples and Grapes and another change I made was cutting back on Breads, and I am Bread lover!! I take that after my Uncle who was huge Bread lover. Anyway I've started using Joseph's Pita Bread with Whole Grain and Flax Seed in place of Bread where I can. The adjustments seem to be working I've lost almost 15 pounds, I think the Doc will be pleased next week when I go for my check-up! For dinner tonight Fried Yellow Lake Perch Fillets w/ Whole Grain Brown Rice and Green Beans.



I picked up the Yellow Lake Perch at Meijer yesterday, on sale. I rinsed the fillets in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Seasoned them with a bit of Sea Salt and rolled them in Zatarain's Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Fried them in Canola Oil about 3 minutes per side.Came out a perfect golden brown and delicious! As usual I live on Fish!





For side dishes I microwaved a bag of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice, almost always my brand of preferred Rice! I also heated up a can of Del Monte Green Beans. For dessert later, all fruit tonight a Dole Mini Banana and a couple of Apple Slices.





UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown

The rice that's always ready to enjoy. Now, you can have delicious, healthy whole grain brown rice in just 90 seconds. This convenient microwaveable pouch also eliminates prep and cleanup. UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown. ‘Perfect Every Time’®.

Nutritional Claims & Product Benefits:

* Excellent Source of Folic Acid
* Good source of iron
* 0 g Trans Fats & No Saturated Fat


COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Squeeze pouch to separate rice.
Tear to vent.
Heat on HIGH for 90 seconds.
Cooking time for 2 pouches – 2 ½ minutes. Microwave times may vary. Take care when handling and opening the hot pouch. Refrigerate unused portion.

In the Skillet
Gently squeeze the sides of the pouch to break apart the rice, and pour contents into a skillet. Add 2 Tbsp. of water and heat.
Stir rice occasionally until heated thoroughly.
Serve immediately.


http://www.unclebens.com/Products/Ready-Rice/Fast-Cook-Recipe#.UhJlm5LOk20

No comments:

Post a Comment