Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chili and Cheese Nachos!

Dinner Tonight: Chili and Cheese Nachos




I sure wish food industry would start producing single serving amounts of various packaged and canned foods! I always try to save what I don't use, either for leftovers or storing to use later, but you can only save so much before it starts piling up. I've emailed several manufactures like Del Monte and Dole for example but never a reply. Like everything else it's all about the money and food like everything else is a business. Enough complaining, another nice day but its a little warmer and a little humid but it is August. I hear next week we'll have the August days we dread, hot and humid! For dinner I went with something light and easy to prepare, Chili and Cheese Nachos.





I used Tostitos Multi Grain Scoops for my Chips. I love these with Salsa or just by their selves, and they bake and hold their shape real good. For my toppings I used 1 can of Mario Sliced Black Olives. Before I go any further a bit about these Olives, anyone that uses small cans of Sliced Black Olives know what a pain they can be opening sometimes. Not these, they come in a can with a pull tab! About time. For my other toppings I used Mezzetta Deli Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers, Campbell's Firehouse Chili with Beans, and a blend of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar and Sargento Reduced Fat Mozzarella. I like using the Campbells Firehouse Chili with Beans for Nachos. It's Meaty, the Beans, and has some good Spice with it and a little Heat.




To prepare I preheat the oven at 400 degrees and spray a glass baking dish with Pam and layer everything in. I start with a couple of tablespoons of Chili then I add my Scoops (Chips). I then add the Sliced Black Olives, Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (Love These), and then top everything the Cheese Blend. Then just pop it in the oven 10 minutes or so until the Cheese had started to melt and everything heated. Something I forgot to mention is I also heat my Chili up on low for about 20 minutes before I top my Chips with it. Serve it while it's hot, it's not bad cooled down either. Had an Ice Cold Diet Dr. Pepper also. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt.







Campbell's Firehouse - Hot & Spicy Beef & Bean Chili

* Highly nutritious
* Spicy in taste
* Good source of protein
* Zero grams of trans fat per serving
* Made with all natural beef


Ingredients

Water, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Kidney Beans, Beef, Seasoned Beef (Beef, Salt, Spice Extract), Red Peppers, Contains Less Than 2% of: Modified Food Starch, Spice, Green Peppers, Soy Protein Concentrate, Dehydrated Onions, Salt, Sugar, Paprika, Dehydrated Garlic, Chipotle Pepper, Caramel Color. Contains Traces of Wheat.



Nutrition Facts*
Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 cup (240 mL)
Calories 220
Fat Calories 50
Total Fat 6g
Sat. Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg
Sodium 870mg
Total Carb. 25g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugars 8g
Protein 16g

% Daily Values**
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 6%
Iron 15%


http://www.campbellsoup.com/Products/Chunky/Chili/111953

No comments:

Post a Comment