Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Parmesan Risotto and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Parmesan Risotto and Cut Green Beans





Spent the afternoon watching College Football along with some of my Ohio State and Univ. of Cincinnati Friends. I'm glad Football is back, and the NFL starts Thursday Night! For dinner i prepared what's becoming my favorite Fish, Haddock. I prepared a Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Parmesan Risotto and Cut Green Beans.





The Haddock just frys up so good with a great taste. To prepare it I had a big fillet that I rinsed in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. I pan fried them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Delicious! Anymore I use some type of Zatarain's product on about 1/2 my meals I prepare throughout the week.





One side dish I prepared was a box of Lundberg Creamy Parmesan Risotto. Quick, easy, and delicious Risotto dish. Ready in about 25 - 30 minutes. I sprinkled some fresh grated Parmesan Cheese on it when it was finished. I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Del Monte No Sugar Added Peach Chunks Cup.  









Lundberg Creamy Parmesan Risotto
Creamy Parmesan Risotto

Enjoy the delectable flavor of rich, aged Parmesan cheese in this elegant Italian-style risotto. We created this delicious gourmet side dish by blending quality ingredients like Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, and spices with our creamy Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente. Preparing this tasty risotto takes about 20 minutes and requires minimal stirring. It’s an easy, convenient way to add gourmet flair to any meal.

Cooking Instructions

In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan, sauté rice in ½ Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 2½ cups water and contents of seasoning pouch. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese is desired. Serve piping hot.


Ingredients

Eco-Farmed Arborio Rice, Parmesan and Cheddar Cheese Blend (Parmesan Cheese, Cheddar Cheese {Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes}), Salt, Whey, Buttermilk Powder, Dried Cane Syrup, Natural Flavors (Cheese, Dairy), Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sodium Phosphate, Maltodextrin, Dried Parsley, Yeast Extract, Butter (Cream, Salt), Rice Flour, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Expeller-Pressed Safflower or Sunflower Oil, Pepper, Lactic Acid, Nonfat Milk, Enzyme-Modified Cheddar Cheese, Turmeric. Contains Milk.


http://www.lundberg.com/products/risottos/Creamy_Parmesan_Risotto.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment