Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pan Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Baked Mac and Cheese and...

Dinner Tonight: Pan Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Baked Mac and Cheese and Baked Multi Grain Bread
Loaf








Took time today to attend a good friend of mines 30th Anniversary of operation of his Saloon/Restaurant, The Back Porch Saloon. Ran into a lot of people I haven't seen in years, 10 years or more! It was great seeing everyone and catching up on everyone. For dinner tonight I prepared Pan Fried Seasoned Haddock w/ Baked Mac and Cheese and Baked Multi Grain Bread Loaf.




Haddock has become on of favorite Fish. it frys up so good with a great taste. To prepare it I had a big fillet that I rinsed in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain's Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. I pan fries them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Delicious! Did I say that I love Haddock?





To go with that delicious Haddock I made some Baked Mac and Cheese. I used Barilla Whole Grain Elbow Macaroni, 200 calories and 35 net carbs per serving. Some of the ingredients I used was 2% Milk, Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar, and Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. The original recipe is high in calories and carbs so I used these reduced items to reduce those calories and carbs and I also used half of the amount of Milk and Cheese that the recipe called for, and it turned out fantastic! I left the original recipe at the bottom of the post. You can adjust this recipe to your own needs or tastes. Good Baked Mac and Cheese recipe! I also baked a loaf of  La Brea Bakery Take and Bake Multi Grain Bread Loaf. I purchase these at the Kroger Bakery. They have several different kinds including Sour Dough which is excellent also. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.


 





Baked Mac and Cheese

Ingredients
4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup butter, divided
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4-1/2 cups milk
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
Directions
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onion in 1/2 cup butter. Add the flour; whisk until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
Drain macaroni and add to sauce; stir until coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts
1 serving (1 cup) equals 638 calories, 39 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,113 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.


http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-mac-and-cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment