Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chili and Cheese Footlong Wieners w/ Baked Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries

Dinner Tonight: Chili and Cheese Footlong Wieners w/ Baked Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country
Style Fries






I had went to Kroger early this morning to pick up a couple of items when I ran into a huge display of Footlongs and Footlong Buns! I couldn't resist it I had to buy a package of each! Having these always reminds me of when I was growing up we would always go to A & W's Root Beer Stand every Summer Weekend. They were only open during the Summer but packed day and night. Nothing was better than an A & W Footlong w/ Chili, Cheese, and Mustard with a frozen mug of A&W Root Beer, it got no better than that on those hot Summer Days! So for dinner tonight I prepared Chili and Cheese Footlong Wieners w/ Baked Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries.





They had a couple of brands of Footlongs and I went with the Queen City Sausage Footlong Wieners. Queen City is hard to beat foe quality and their Footlongs were 160 calories where the other brand was at 240 calories, saved 80 calories! To prepare them I boiled them using a long roaster skillet. I put enough water in it to cover the Footlongs about 2" over them. Brought the water to a boil added the Wieners and boiled about 5 minutes. They came out just right!




To serve them I placed them on a Heiner's Footlong Bun, first time I ever used them. I wanted to use a thick Turkey Chili with Beans but it was just too many calories so I went with Skyline Chili, just 40 calories. Skyline is a popular Coney and Spaghetti Restaurant here locally and sell a lot of their products in stores. To plate it I topped the Footlong with French's Yellow Mustard, Diced Onions (I passed on the Onions Mom and Dad love them), Chili, and Sargento Reduced fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. This all makes one heck - of a Chili Cheese Footlong! I also baked up a new type of Ore Ida Fries. Found them at Meijer the other day, Ore Ida Simply Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries. These are some killer Fries! The Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt are perfect. They have these in Potato Wedges also, I'm sure their just as good! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.  
 





Ore Ida Simply Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style Fries

You can take the potatoes out of the country.
But you can’t take the country out of our delicious Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style French Fries. Simple ingredients like potatoes, olive oil and sea salt – simply prepared. That’s Ore-Ida style.


Ore-Ida Simply Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt Country Style French Fries:
* French fried potatoes seasoned with cracked black pepper, olive oil and sea salt
* All natural
* Made with Grade A potatoes
* 0 grams trans fat per serving
* Gluten free
* Kosher


SERVING SIZE: 84g
CALS 130
FAT 4 1/2g
SODIUM 290mg
CARBS 22g

No comments:

Post a Comment