Saturday, May 4, 2013

Grilled Buffalo Terres Major Filet w/ Teriyaki Marinated Mushrooms, Mashed Potatoes,...


Dinner Tonight: Grilled Buffalo Terres Major Filet w/ Teriyaki Marinated Mushrooms, Mashed Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Baked Garlic Knot Rolls







Spent the afternoon at the rehab center visiting my Dad. He goes in for a minor surgery Tuesday morning Terres Major Filet w/ Teriyaki Marinated Mushrooms, Mashed Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Baked Garlic Knot Rolls.and then hopefully about another week in rehab and he'll be home again. For dinner today I had a Grilled Buffalo



I had ordered some Wild Idea Ground Buffalo, Buffalo top Sirloin Steaks, and a couple Buffalo 8 oz. Terres Major Fillets. I had never tried the Terres Major cut but was told it was one of the most tender cuts of meat. I had wanting to try it but it was always sold out on Wild Idea Buffalo web site up until last week when I placed my order, and I see now it's sold out again! That's got to be a good sign for some good Buffalo Steak. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and I then fired up the outdoor grill and grilled it. It wasn't a real thick cut so I had to a close eye on it, so not to let it burn. Buffalo or Bison cooks very quickly because it's so lean. I grilled it about 3 1/2 minutes per side and then let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing it. It came out a perfect juicy medium rare. I now know why its always sold out! As all the Wild Idea Buffalo cuts it had an incredible flavor, a wild and almost sweet flavor. Tender, so tender that it almost shreds when I cut it! Sorry Beef your not a close second to Buffalo!



To go with that juicy steak I had purchased some Teriyaki Marinated Mushrooms from Kroger Deli yesterday. Also I made a side of the Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes, heated up some Walmart Marketside Sugar Snap Peas, and baked a couple of rolls of Walmart Bakery Savory Garlic Knot Rolls. For dessert/snack later tonight a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.
 


Wild Idea Buffalo Terres Major Filet

The second most tender cut on the animal. This treasured cut is found in the chuck shoulder.

8 oz.


http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment