Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fried Crappie w/ Hash Browns, Green Beans, and Baked Garlic Knot Rolls


Dinner Tonight: Fried Crappie w/ Hash Browns, Green Beans, and Baked Garlic Knot Rolls




One long night last night! I was dealing with some very bad and strong Phantom Pains. They were the worst I've had to deal with in quite some time. Phantom pains are exactly that, they are pains that amputees sometimes experience in the area of their missing limb. Mine being my left leg that was amputated back in 2001. There's no known cure or treatments that work to ease the pain so I just have to ride it out. This started sometime during the early morning hours and I've had it ever since, hopefully it will quit soon! Mom stayed and had dinner with my Dad at the rehab center so it's just me tonight. I prepared Fried Crappie w/ Hash Browns, Green Beans, and Baked Garlic Knot Rolls. it had been a while since I broke out one of the frozen Crappie bags and prepared them and it time tonight!



I normally just season the Crappie with Sea Salt and Ground Pepper and rolled in Bread Crumbs but tonight I rolled the fillets in  Zatarain’s Fish Fri Lemon Pepper Seafood Breading Mix. After washing the Crappie and patting them dry on a paper towel I then poured some of the breading mix into a Hefty Zipper Bag and added the Fish shaking it in the bag until it was well covered. I skillet fried it in Canola Oil until it was golden brown. With this breading the Fish comes out perfect. The crust and the seasoning is meant for Fish! Crappie is delicious anyway you fix it but this breading makes it even more mouth watering!




To go with the Crappie I prepared some Hash Browns, Simply Potatoes has Browns. You can't beat Simply Potatoes brand Has Browns. Just season and fry to how done and brown you want them. Quick, easy, and delicious. Makes a great side for any meal. I also heated up a single serve can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and I baked some Walmart Bakery Savory Garlic Knot Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.






Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

The secret of authentic Southern Style fried fish is the crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.

Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50

Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0g 0%

Saturated Fat: 0g 0%

Cholesterol: 0mg 0%

Sodium: 1140mg 48%

Total Carb: 11g 4%

Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%

Sugar: 0g


http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment