Monday, May 13, 2013

Fried Walleye w/ Sugar Snap Peas, Corn Kernels, and Whole Grain Bread


Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Sugar Snap Peas, Corn Kernels, and Whole Grain Bread




we avoided a frost this morning but it was still at 34 degrees again this morning. They say that should be the
end of our cold mornings as we have high's in the 80's coming! Wait and see. Tomorrow morning I have to start breaking in a new family doctor. I had been with the same one now for about 8 years but he's moving his office further away so I found a local family doctor that took me in. I hope he's as easy as my last one to get broke in! For dinner I prepared Fried Walleye w/ Sugar Snap Peas, Corn Kernels, and Whole Grain Bread.




Kroger had some great looking Walleye Fillets so I picked up a couple of them and cut them up into 2 bags, I froze one and I'm having the other for dinner tonight. I rolled the fillets in Zatarain’s Fish Fri Lemon Pepper Seafood Breading Mix. After washing the Walleye and patting them dry on a paper towel I then poured some of the breading mix into a Hefty Zippper Bag and added the Fish shaking it in the bag until it was well covered. I skillet fried it in Canola Oil until it was golden brown. Love the crust and flavor that the Zatarain's provides.




For side dishes I prepared a bag of the Walmart Marketside Sugar Snap Peas and heated up a can of Del Monte Low Sodium Corn Kernels. I also had a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.





Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

The secret of authentic Southern Style fried fish is the crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.

Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50

Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0g 0%

Saturated Fat: 0g 0%

Cholesterol: 0mg 0%

Sodium: 1140mg 48%

Total Carb: 11g 4%

Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%

Sugar: 0g


http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx 

No comments:

Post a Comment