Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grilled Blackened Grouper w/ Southwest Style Rice and Beans, and...


Dinner Tonight: Grilled Blackened Grouper w/  Southwest Style Rice and Beans, Cut Spears of Asparagus, and Beans, and Whole Grain Bread.








Yesterday afternoon a couple of good friends of mine called and said they just got back from Florida and they had me something. Did they ever, they had went fishing the day before and brought me back a huge package of fresh Gulf Coast Grouper! Beautiful fillets, one of them was a 26 lb. Grouper. They also gave a bag of Cobalt which I tried for the first time last year. So tonight for dinner I prepared Grilled Blackened Grouper w/  Southwest Style Rice, Cut Spears of Asparagus, and Beans, and Whole Grain Bread.




To prepare the Grouper I’ll need a tablespoon or so of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter and Zatarain’s
Blackened Seasoning. Preheated the grill up on high I rinsed the Grouper off and patted dry. Melted the 1 T butter in a microwave about 15 seconds and brushed both sides of the Grouper with the melted butter. I then coated both sides of the Grouper with a generous amount of the rub. Then I got my Fish Basket out and sprayed it with Pam Grill Spray. Loaded the Grouper in the grill basket. If you’re using a griddle then add a tablespoon or so of vegetable oil to grill. Do not use olive oil since it smokes at high temperatures. Placed my Grouper on the preheated grill and closed the lid. Grilled for only 2 minutes and then flipped it and grilled another 2 minutes. Use a watch and keep a very close eye on it, do not over cook! The result some beautifully delicious Blackened Grouper! You had the heat of the Blackened Seasoning and grilling it with the lid shut gave it a nice smoked taste also. I couldn't get it much fresher either, straight from the Gulf and on to the grill in a matter of 3 days! I'll have some leftovers for Grouper Sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!




 To go with my Grouper I prepared a new dish from Meijer, Meijer Steamable Southwest Style Rice and Beans with Butter Sauce. Comes frozen in a microwaveable bag. Just heat for microwave 4-5 minutes and it's ready. Meijer's has winner with this great taste, easy to fix, and it's 210 calories, 2g fat, 38 carbs. They had several new Steamable Items and I purchased 2 other kinds I'll give a try another time. I also had a side of Green Giant Cut Spears of Asparagus, and Healthy Choice Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding.





Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning
This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.


Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0

Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0 0

Saturated Fat: 0 0

Cholesterol: 0 0

Sodium: 170mg 7%

Total Carb: 0 0

Dietary Fiber: 0 0

Sugar: 0

Protein: 0

Vitamin A: 4%

Vitamin C: 0%

Calcium: 0%

Iron: 0%

Organic: 0%



http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment