Friday, September 7, 2012


Today's Menu:  Grilled Top Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Portobella Mushrooms w/ Yellow Carrots, Sugar Snow Peas, and Whole Grain Bread




Wow I don't know where to begin on this dinner!  Grilled Top Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Portobella Mushrooms w/ Yellow Carrots, Sugar Snow Peas, and Whole Grain Bread. Started the day by going to Costco, first time there. I just joined last week. A friend of mine had always told me how great Costco was so I tried it out today. I was really impressed! Great selections and some fantastic prices, some cheaper than Sam's. I was hoping that they carried Bison but they didn't. I ended up purchasing quite a few items and one being a package of Top Sirloin Steaks and am I happy I did!

I grilled 3 of them for myself and my parents and we all agreed that not only were these the most tender but also the best tasting Steaks we had ever had! I rubbed a light amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the Steaks then  seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. These were very thick Steaks so it took extra grilling time to get them to medium rare. I grilled them for 4 minutes and flipped them over for another 5 minutes. Then I continued to grill them another 2 minutes flipping them back and forth. They came out perfect! A nice char and grill marks on the outside and pink and moist in the center. The taste was just incredible. As I've said before I love Bison, it's my favorite, but this Costco Top Sirloin could change my mind.




Along with the Grilled Top Sirloin I prepared Sauteed Portobella Mushrooms, Boiled Yellow Mini Carrots, Sugar Snow Peas. I don't know if it was something in the air or what but everything tasted incredible. I sauteed a package of Sliced Portobella Mushrooms seasoning them with Sea Salt, Parsley and Roasted Ground Cumin. It was the first time I had Yellow Carrots I believe and I'll be having these again. They cook like the regular Orange Carrots but they are a lot sweeter tasting, they taste almost like Sweet Corn. Anyway they were delicious. I also had purchased a package of Steamable Sugar Sow Peas. These too were awesome! They were the biggest and best tasting Sugar Snow Peas we had ever had. Very easy to prepare; just puncture the bag in several places and microwave for 2 minutes and you have some crisp and fantastic tasting Snow Peas! Everything came together to make one incredible dinner! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment