Friday, September 21, 2012

Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Potato Pancakes, Mac & Cheese, and Cornbread


Dinner Tonight: Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Potato Pancakes, Mac & Cheese, and Cornbread


One delicious meal tonight! While at Meijer yesterday they had Yellow Lake Perch on sale and I couldn't pass them by. I love Fish and all Sea Food. I washed the Perch and patted them dry then seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. The fillets are small and I cut them in half. I then took a Ziplock Bag and put a 1/2 cup of Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs in it and added my fillets and shook the bag until the fillets were coated. I pan fried the fillets in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. As I said earlier the fillets were small and not very thick so they fried up real quick. They came out golden and delicious!

For side dishes I had Potato Pancakes, Mac & Cheese, and Cornbread. I used MANISCHEWITZ Potato Pancake Mix. Very easy to make and one great tasting Potato Pancake! Just mix with Water, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Egg Beaters, Sea Salt, and Pepper. Fry until golden and your ready! I left the product info and directions at the end of the post. I also microwaved a single serving of Velveeta/Kraft Shells & Cheese (made with 2% milk). I also warmed a piece of Cornbread that I leftover from an earlier meal in the week. For dessert a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread. Have a great and safe weekend everyone!




MANISCHEWITZ Potato Pancake Mix

Ingredients
Potatoes ( Contains Sulfites to Maintain Whiteness), Potato Starch, Salt, Onion, Vegetable Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil).

Directions
Makes 18-24 pancakes. You Will Need: Medium bowl, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 cups cold water, vegetable oil, large skillet. 1. Mix: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with a fork until blended. Add 2 1/4 cups cold water and mix well. Stir in the contents of this package. Allow batter to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir. 2. Fry: Drop tablespoons of batter into 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.

  Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 3 cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g (1%)
Saturated Fat 0.5g (4%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 500mg (21%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 18g (6%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (9%)

http://www.manischewitz.com/sidesandmixesproducts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment