Friday, September 28, 2012

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Mac & Cheese, Sugar Snap Peas, and...


Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Mac & Cheese, Sugar Snap Peas, and Whole Grain Bread




Fall was in the air around here today.They say we are in for a beautiful stretch of weather coming up for the next 4 - 5 days, 70 and Sunny! I had a beautiful Walleye fillet, thank you Meijer Seafood Dept., for dinner tonight. I washed the fillet off and patted it dry. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then rolled the fillet in a Flour and Bread Crumb mix and skillet fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 4 minutes per side. I just love the taste of Walleye and it browns perfectly when fried.

For side dishes I had Velveeta 2% Shells & Cheese, Sugar Snap Peas, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. The Velveeta Shells and Cheese is the easy way to have Mac and Cheese. It comes in a microwavable container. Just add water and microwave for 3 1/2 minutes and it's ready. The Sugar Snap Peas are from Walmart Produce. I've been buying the Snap Peas for the past month or so. Their fresh, crisp, and full of flavor! For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Del Monte No Sugar Added Sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment