Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shredded Turkey BBQ w/ Seasoned Blackeye Peas, Mashed Potatoes, and...


Today's Menu: Shredded Turkey BBQ w/ Seasoned Blackeye Peas, Mashed Potatoes, and Whole Grain Bread



September is starting out beautiful outside! The weekend is going to sunny and the highs in the low 70's, I love it! For dinner I prepared Shredded Turkey BBQ w/ Seasoned Blackeye Peas, Mashed Potatoes, and sliced Whole Grain Bread. I used Jennie - O Slow Roasted Turkey Pot Roast. Easy to fix, you can microwave it in its own container or bake it at 375 degrees for 1 hour which was the way I prepared it. After I hour I removed it from the oven and the aroma was fantastic! I pulled the bone out of the meat and then using two forks shredded the meat. When preparing this before I would combine it with brown gravey and make it as a Pot Roast. This time I just shredded the Turkey and added JB's Fat Boy Sticky Stuff BBQ Sauce. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun. This makes one delicious sandwich! The Turkey is so tender it melts in your mouth and combined with BBQ Sauce it makes a fantastic combo.

For sides i prepared a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Black Peas, Bob Evans mashed Potatoes, and sliced Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. What a meal! Everyone enjoyed it. For dessert later a bowl of Blue Bunny Naturally Frozen Chocolate/Vanilla Yogurt.



Jennie – O Slow Roasted Turkey Pot Roast

Nutritional Information
Serving Size 84 g Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Calories 130 Dietary Fiber 0 g
Calories From Fat 50 Sugars 1 g
Total Fat 6.0 g Protein 14 g
Saturated Fat 2.0 g Vitamin A 0%
Trans Fat .0 g Vitamin C 2%
Cholesterol 60 mg Iron 6%
Sodium 530 mg Calcium 0%

No comments:

Post a Comment