Saturday, September 15, 2012

Grilled Sirloin Steak w/ Lobster Mac & Cheese and Baked Potato


Today's Menu: Grilled Sirloin Steak w/ Lobster Mac & Cheese and Baked Potato




Wow what a change in our weather around here! As they say if you don't like the weather in Ohio stick around a day it will change. Beautiful Summer day (84 degrees) yesterday and a gorgeous Fall day today! Woke up and it was 42 degrees this morning and a high only in the low 60's, but sunny. On to dinner! When I switched over to buying Bison about 3 years ago instead of Beef the Bison Sirloin Steaks were $7.99 for a package of 2. Wednesday when I went to Kroger they were $11.99!! They are slowly forcing me back to Beef, which is what I grilled for dinner tonight, Sirloin Steak. Love that Bison but prices at Kroger are driving me away.

Anyway i grilled a Sirloin Steak that I purchased from Walmart Friday. I rubbed a light coating of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on it and seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. The Extra Virgin Olive Oil not only keeps the Steak from sticking to the grill but also gives it great flavor and helps brown. I grilled it for 4 minutes per side and it came out just right, medium rare. As their commercials tell you it's hard to beat Walmart Steaks.

For sides I prepared Lobster Mac & Cheese and a Baked Potato. First time I made the Lobster Mac. Made it the easy way by using a 2 serving Chef Boyardee Mac & Cheese - Microwavable and Bos'n Langinstino Pre Cooked Lobster. I microwaved the Mac & Cheese and then removed it from it's container and then put it in a ramekin along with the precooked Lobster, stirred until well mixed. Topped it with Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs and broiled it in the oven until the top browned. Came out really well, look forward to trying this as a main dish soon. The creamy mac and the sweet Lobster is a great pairing. I also had a Baked Potato and 1 slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread topped with a scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment