Monday, September 3, 2012

Chicken & Rice and Mushrooms w/ Boiled Carrots and Baked Cheesy Bread


Today's Menu: Chicken & Rice and Mushrooms w/ Boiled Carrots and Baked Cheesy Bread




Happy Labor Day everyone! Not much going on today it's been raining since late last night. I decided to go with Chicken & Rice and Mushrooms w/ Boiled Carrots and Baked Cheesy Bread. I fried a single Chicken Breast in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It was seasoned with a light coat of Flour, Parsley and McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I also added a half a seasoning pack of Swanson's Chicken Flavor Booster. I then fried it about 4 1/2 minutes per side. Came out with a nice brown crust and the breast was flavorful, moist and tender.


Served it on a bed of Uncle Ben's Roasted Chicken Ready Rice. Love this Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. Just microwave for 90 seconds and you have your Rice. I added Sauteed Mushrooms to the Rice. I sautéed the Mushrooms in the skillet with fried chicken. Also prepared a side of Boiled Carrot Slices along with Baked Cheesy Bread. To make the bread I used 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I buttered both pieces with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and topped them with Sargento Shredded Artisan Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese. Then baked at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes. For dessert later a single serving cup of Jello Sugar Free Dark Cherry Jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment