Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwich w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans and Smashed Potatoes

Today's Menu: Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwich w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans and Smashed Potatoes


Nothing like a stick to your ribs Pork BBQ with all the sides to warm up a cold windy day! I used Montgomery Inn Hardwood Smoked Pulled Pork w/ Barbecue Sauce. Those of you not familiar with Montgomery Inn it's one of the original Barbecue and Ribs Restaurant in the Cincinnati area. It has some of the finest food, love them Ribs, anywhere! They also sell their Ribs and Pulled Pork and Chicken at all Kroger's. So when I'm in the mood for the Pulled Pork I almost always use the Montgomery Inn brand. Anyway you just heat it in a medium sauce pan until it's warmed and you have BBQ. It's the perfect combination of the Pork and the mouth watering Montgomery Inn Sauce that makes this so delicious! Plus it's only 110 calories and 8 carbs per serving. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun.

I had two sides, Kicked Up Chili Beans and Smashed Potatoes. For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I left the recipe at the end of the post. To make the Smashed Potatoes I used Green Giant Klondike Petite Gourmet Potatoes. I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Dill, Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix. Also had a Peach Tea Diet Snapple. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.



Kicked Up Chili Beans

Ingredients:

1 Can Spicy Chili Beans, Brand your choice. I use Joan of Arc
3 Pieces Crumbled Turkey Bacon. You can use Turkey or Turkey Bacon Crumbles
4 Shakes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, or to taste
1/2 Cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar or to taste
1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard

Directions:

Empty can of Beans into a medium sauce pan
Add Turkey Crumbles, Brown Sugar, Ground Mustard, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, stir and mix.
Heat until desired temperature, and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment