Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crappie Tonight!!

Dinner Tonight: Fried Crappie w/ Roasted Red Potatoes, Asparagus, and Whole Grain Bread


As Spring gets near I always get my yearly Crappie fillets. My Cousins come home from their 3 month Winter retreat at Lake Okeechobee. Which also means I get a mess of fresh Crappies  or Specks as they call them down in Florida. I could eat these every day and not get tired of them. I couldn't wait to open that first bag of them up and start frying! I seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then rolled each fillet in a Whole Wheat Flour and Italian Bread Crumb Mix. I lightly fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 3 minutes per side. As the picture shows they came out golden brown and the taste unbelievable!

For sides I had Grilled Asparagus, Roasted Red Potatoes, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I seasoned the Asparagus with Garlic Salt and Ground Black Pepper. The Red Potatoes were from the same recipe as the Chicken and Roasted Red Potatoes from the other night. I left the recipe for them at the bottom of the post. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.


Roasted Red Potatoes

Ingredients:

2 slices OSCAR MAYER Turkey Bacon
Small Red Potatoes (about 5), cut into 1-inch chunks
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste 

Instructions:

*HEAT oven to 400ºF. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.

*ADD potatoes to reserved drippings; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon. Add to potato mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish.

*BAKE 25 min. or until potatoes are tender.




No comments:

Post a Comment