Saturday, April 28, 2012

Marinated Baked Turkey Tenderloin w/ Sweet Potato Casserole, Pasta Salad,...

Today’s Menu: Marinated Baked Turkey Tenderloin w/ Sweet Potato Casserole, Pasta Salad, and Whole Grain Bread



I had a Jennie – O Baked Turkey Tenderloin that I had marinated for three hours in JB’s Fat Boy Sticky Stuff BBQ and added a couple of Adobe Peppers along with a 1/2 teaspoon of Adobe Sauce. After seasoning it with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Smoked Cumin I then baked it for 30 minutes covered and thirty minutes uncovered at 350 degrees. The Turkey turned out moist and delicious. The JB’s Fat Boy Sticky Stuff BBQ. Sauce makes a perfect marinade for not only Turkey but also Chicken. The Adobe Peppers and Sauce raised the heat level a bit but not over powering.

For sides I had Margaret Holmes Sweet Potato Casserole. First time I tried it and it's another Margaret Holmes Product that I'll keep in stock! It comes in a can so just empty it into a Sauce Pan and heat until warmed. I also had made a Pasta Salad earlier using Ronzoni Garden Delight Rotini. This is the colored Rotini, Enriched Tomato, Carrots, and Spinach Pasta Blend. After cooking the Pasta I added McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning and Sea Salt for the seasoning. I then added Kraft Free Italian Dressing, 8 pieces of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (Chopped), 5 Canned Anchovies (Chopped), 6 minced capers, and Kraft Shredded Parm Cheese. Keep in the fridge until ready to use. Also I had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. With the heat of the Chicken and the sweetness of the Sweet Potatoes it made a perfect combination! For dessert later a Yoplait Chocolate and Banana Smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment