Friday, April 27, 2012

Grilled Bison Burger w/ Kicked Up Spicy Chili Beans and Smashed Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Bison Burger w/ Kicked Up Spicy Chili Beans and Smashed Potatoes

Windy and chilly outside but I had the grill fired up! Grilled Bison Burgers just sounded right for dinner tonight. Since I had the grill fired up I threw on a Bison Sirloin Steak that I’ll have for breakfast in the morning, Steak and Eggs! I seasoned the Burgers with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. With the grill blazing I grilled the Burgers about 3 minutes per side to a perfect medium rare. I grilled the Steak a bit longer at 4 minutes per side, medium rare also. The Burgers were just right pink in the center, juicy, and delicious! I topped the Burger with a slice of Sargento’s reduced Fat Cheddar/Jack Cheese.

For sides I had a few Golden Gourmet Potatoes left over so I made a side of Smashed Potatoes. I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Dill, Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix. For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I left the recipe at the end of the post. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.

Kicked Up Chili Beans

Ingredients:

1 Can Spicy Chili Beans, Brand your choice. I use Joan of Arc
3 Pieces Crumbled Turkey Bacon. You can use Turkey or Turkey Bacon Crumbles
4 Shakes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, or to taste
1/2 Cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar or to taste
1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard

Directions:

Empty can of Beans into a medium sauce pan
Add Turkey Crumbles, Brown Sugar, Ground Mustard, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, stir and mix.
Heat until desired temperature, and serve




No comments:

Post a Comment