Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fried Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and...

Today's Menu: Fried Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread



When some people's  friends go on vacation they get T-Shirts, me I get fresh caught Gulf Coast Grouper! A big "thank you" to Jim for the Grouper! Wow I've got some beautiful fillets of Grouper. I'm freezing all the bags but for the one for dinner tonight. I coated the fillets in seasoned flour that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I fried the fillet in a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium until it was golden brown. What a fantastic tasting fillet! It was fresh caught this past Sunday cleaned and frozen then right away. From there to my skillet! Plus enough leftover for a Fish Sandwich for lunch tomorrow!

For sides I had Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. To make the Smashed Potatoes I used Green Giant Klondike Petite Gourmet Potatoes. I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Dill, Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix. Love these Potatoes! The Green Beans were Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later bowl of Breyer's carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Del Monte No Sugar Added Sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment