Monday, April 2, 2012

Bison Sirloin Steak w/ Smashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Whole Grain Bread

Today's Menu: Bison Sirloin Steak w/ Smashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, Whole Grain Bread



I had purchased some beautiful looking Bison Sirloin Steaks at Kroger this past weekend and had one of them for dinner to night! I seasoned it with a shake of Sea Salt and McCormick Grinder Steakhouse Seasoning.I then pan fried it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side, medium rare. I love Bison! The taste is just fantastic, cooks up beautifully, and is healthier than beef. This one was no exception, DELICIOUS!

For sides I had Smashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. To make the Smashed Potatoes I used Green Giant Klondike Petite Gourmet Potatoes. They are a small Potato so I cut each in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix. I really like the small golden potatoes there is 5 to a serving at 110 calories with a fantastic taste. For dessert later a Yoplait Chocolate and Banana Smoothie, you have to give these a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment