Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings

Dinner Tonight: Chicken and Dumplings



Well it was my first attempt to make Chicken and Dumplings and if I do say so myself they turned out pretty tasty! I come from a long line of Chicken and Dumplings makers. My Grandmother, Ida, made the most delicious Dumplings ever! Big and fluffy melt in your mouth Dumplings. Then my Mom took over the as Dumpling maker and hers are just as good! Mine for a first attempt wasn't nearly as good as any of theirs but they weren't too bad at all. I used Bisquick Heart Smart Mix for the Dumplings and Chicken Breasts as my Chicken. To make the Stew I boiled the Chicken Breasts in a pot until they were done adding more water to them twice. After the Chicken was cooked I removed it from the pot and roughly shredded it. I returned it to the pot and added my Dumplings, reducing the heat, that I had made while the Chicken was boiling. I boiled the two together uncovered for 10 minutes and then another 12 minutes covered until they were done. Practice makes perfect so I'll be making them again. I left the recipe for the Dumplings at the end of the post. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Sliced Mangos. 

Dumplings

Ingredients:

2/3 Cup Bisquick Heart Smart Mix
3 Tbsp Fat Free Skim Milk, I actually used about 3 1/2 to 4 Tbsp

Directions:

*Stir Ingredients until soft dough forms.
*Drop by spoonfuls into boiling stew; reduce heat.
*Cook uncovered 10 minutes; cover and cook 10 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment