This week's Soup Special of the Day is a Potato, Chorizo, and Spinach Chowder. It's made with Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo. You can purchase the Chorizo and find the recipe all on the Wild Idea Buffalo website. Enjoy and Eat Healthy! https://wildideabuffalo.com/
Potato, Chorizo, and Spinach Chowder
Wild Idea’s sausage are so flavorful they turn can turn and average recipe into an extraordinary recipe. Simple preparation and it’s packed with flavor! (Makes 6 servings)
1 - pound Wild Idea Buffalo Chorizo
1 - small onion, chopped
1 - pound potatoes, chopped
3 - cups buffalo or organic beef broth
1 - teaspoon each; salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
1 - cup cream
5 - ounces baby spinach, chopped
1) In a stockpot over medium high heat, coarse crumble Chorizo sausage into heated pan. *The fat will release from the sausage shortly, so additional oil is not necessary.
2) Add onions and garlic. Stir in to incorporate and sauté until the meat is browned.
3) Add the chopped potatoes and stir to incorporate. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. *This will help absorb some of the oils from the sausage.
4) Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Increase heat back to medium high and add the cream. Bring to full heat.
6) Add the spinach and stir to incorporate, cooking only about 2 minutes, then shut the heat off.
7) To serve, ladle desired portions into bowls and top with grated cheese. Super good!