This week's Jennie - O Turkey Recipe of the Week - Savory Tomato and Turkey Tarts. JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast combines with savory tomato and goat cheese to make the perfect appetizer. You can find this recipe along with all the delicious Jennie - O recipes at the Jennie - O website. It's time to make the Switch! https://www.jennieo.com/
Savory Tomato and Turkey Tarts
Every Easter menu needs these mini turkey tarts! The savory tomato and turkey duo with the goat cheese is the perfect flavor combo for any occasion. Perfect for a holiday brunch or appetizer for dinner.
½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten or ¾ cup egg substitute
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon kosher salt, if desired
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1½ cups JENNIE-O® GRAND CHAMPION® Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, shredded, from the service deli
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ pint cherry tomatoes
2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1) Place oven rack on bottom rack. Heat oven to 375°F.
2) Unroll 1 pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to 12-inch circle and cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise, creating 4 equal pieces. Press each dough quarter into and up sides of 4 (4.75-inch) mini tart pans; cutting and discarding excess dough. Refrigerate.
3) In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, goat cheese, egg, cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
4) In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until blistered.
5) Spoon cheese mixture into tart pans. Top with turkey, tomatoes and thyme leaves. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Servings 4 to 8.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Saturated Fat 7g