Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries




To start my day off I made a packet of Pioneer Peppered White Gravy and baked some Pillsbury Hungry Jack Biscuits. The Biscuits were for Mom, I toasted myself 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I also heated up some Jimmy Dean Turkey Breakfast sausage Links. Topped it off with morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside it was mostly cloudy and a high of 60 degrees, rain later in the day. I bought Mom some new Gnome Statues for her flower beds yesterday from Walmart. I got the 4 wheel cart out and cleaned up the flower beds and also threw down some weed killer around the bed. Later my neighbor came over and restained our wooden ramp for me and finished up around the yard for me. We are real luck, we have great neighbors all around us! After the yard work I headed up to the hospital to see Dad. He's doing okay but he's talking a bit out of his head at times. It's due to some new medication that they have him on for his heart. We are really worried about him, just praying for the best. So for Dinner tonight a new Type of Turkey Burger, Honeysuckle White Lightly Seasoned Ground Turkey Patties. I prepared a Bacon and Cheese Turkey Burger w/ Baked Fries.




Many years ago when I started using Turkey as part of my diet I used Honeysuckle White Turkey Products. But as time went on I started using Jennie - O Turkey Products, better variety and less calories. I went to Walmart to pick up some lawn and garden products I also cruised through the grocery department and came across a package of  Honeysuckle White Lightly Seasoned Ground Turkey Patties. They are 1/4 lb. patties (4 to a package) and 170 calories per burger.







To prepare it I first fried up the Turkey Bacon. I was out of the Jennie - O Turkey Bacon so I'm trying the Kroger Simple Truth Turkey Bacon. First time I tried it and it turned out real good. Fried up great and excellent flavor.











To prepare the Turkey Burger, I'm using a large skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and
added a tablespoon of Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium. When the skillet was ready I added the Turkey Burgers. I fried them about 5 minutes per side. After flipping the Burgers I topped them with a slice of Kraft Deluxe Sharp Cheddar with a bout 1 minute of cooking time left. I served the Burgers on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. Topped the Turkey Burger with some Heinz 57 Sauce and the Turkey Bacon. The Burgers fried up great and the toppings all worked well together. I'll be buying the Honeysuckle White Turkey Burgers again, good Turkey Patties.





For a side, as usual when having a Burger, I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries.
Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a bowl of Del Monte No Sugar Added Diced Mangos.







Honeysuckle White Lightly Seasoned Ground Turkey Patties

Our seasoned turkey patties are great for a last minute barbecue or quick dinner. They’re lightly seasoned for great taste, ready for the grill or stove.

INGREDIENTS
Turkey, less than 2% of the following: encapsulated salt (salt, hydrogenated soybean oil), sugar, dextrose, natural flavors, garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, vinegar powder, lemon juice powder, onion powder, spices, salt, sodium bicarbonate, grill flavor (from sunflower oil)

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 patty (112 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 170
Calories from fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total fat 9 g 13 %
Saturated fat 2.5 g 13 %
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg 33 %
Sodium 450 mg 19 %
Total Carbohydrates 1 g 0 %
Dietary Fiber
Sugars 0 g
Protein 21 g 42 %
Iron4%

http://www.honeysucklewhite.com/products/fresh-seasoned-ground-turkey-patties/

http://www.honeysucklewhite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment