Dinner Tonight: Fried Shrimp w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Green Beans/ Diced Potatoes
For Breakfast this morning I prepared Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of
While at Kroger the other day I picked up more of the huge Freshwater Shrimp, I cleaned them and put them in the freezer. I laid the bag of them in the fridge overnight to thaw. So I'm preparing them tonight, these are a family favorite! I had already rinsed them off and removed the shells. To prepare these I’m using McCormick Golden Dipt Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix.
Poured about 1 inch of Extra Light Olive Oil into large skillet. Heated the oil to 350°F on medium
Then for one side I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash, easy recipe for some delicious
For another side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I really like using the
Del Monte Cut Green Beans and New Potatoes, contains 2 of my favorite vegetables (Green Beans and Potatoes). For dessert later a Weight watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.
McCormick Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix
Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix adds extra crunchiness to fried and baked foods. All ingredients have been specially selected to provide a superior coating that seals in natural juices for fish, seafood, poultry, meats and vegetables.
Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, And Folic Acid), Whey (Milk), Dextrose, And Soybean Oil.
1/4 cup Mix (32g)
All You Need
1/2 cup Cracker Meal
1 lb. Fish or Seafood*
Water or Milk
1. POUR Cracker Meal into shallow dish or large plastic bag. Moisten fish, cut into serving-size pieces, or seafood with water or milk. Shake off excess.
2. COAT fish, several pieces at a time, evenly with Cracker Meal. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard any remaining Cracker Meal. Fry as directed below. Serve with McCormick® Cocktail Sauce or Tartar Sauce. Use the entire package to coat 4 lbs. fish or seafood.
*Best with tilapia, trout, catfish, shrimp, or scallops. Also try with shucked oysters and clams, or soft-shell crabs (pierce several times before coating).
Pan Fry: Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch in a large skillet; heat to 350°F on medium heat. Fry fish, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
Oven Fry: Cover bottom of shallow baking pan with melted butter. Arrange fish or seafood in a single layer in pan; turn to coat with butter. Bake in preheated 425ºF oven 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown around edges and fish flakes easily with a fork.
• For a thicker coating, dip fish in a mixture of 3 tbsp. milk and 2 beaten eggs before coating with Cracker Meal.
• Coat boneless skinless chicken breast halves or chicken parts as directed. Bake in 400ºF oven 20 to 30 minutes for chicken breast halves or 45 to 50 minutes for chicken parts.
• Use Cracker Meal instead of bread crumbs when making meat loaf or meat balls.