Friday, March 17, 2017

Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns and Cut Green Beans






For Breakfast this morning I toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread and
Scrambled a couple of Eggs. Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside we have rain showers, cloudy, and a high in the 40's. I had planned to do some things around the house then go to see dad but late yesterday I was making a pot of the Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup and as I was ladling it out into a plastic container, the container started to turnover. I stopped it from turning over but the ladle was full and went on to my left thumb area. I burned my thumb pretty good. I went to the Emergency Care this morning to get it checked out. They said I did burn it pretty bad but I had done everything right to prevent infection and such. So spent most of the day relaxing with my left hand elevated. Anyway for Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Walleye w/ Hash Browns and Cut Green Beans.



I had purchased a of large Walleye Fillet at Kroger Wednesday. Cleaned it and sliced into 6 pieces. I froze 3 pieces and kept the other 3 out for my Dinner tonight. I love Walleye we had not had some in a while now, so couldn’t wait to have these. I rinsed them off in cold water and patted them dry with a paper towel. Seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried it in Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor. Along with Crappie their my favorite Fresh Water Fish to eat.






Then for one side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. Fried in Light Olive Oil and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, and Parsley. I love Hash Browns, they make the perfect side for any Dish, especially Fish. I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a small bowl of Del Monte No Sugar Added Diced Mangos, love Mangos!







Walleye Nutrition Facts
1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148  Calories from fat 17 % Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9mg
Potassium 618.5mg





Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns

Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns fry up perfectly to a crisp, golden brown because they’re made from quality potatoes. They’re always fresh, never frozen so you’ll never have to worry about freezer burn. Fresh, delicious potatoes mean you never have to sacrifice great homemade taste.

Ingredients:
Potatoes, Dextrose, Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate (Added to Maintain Color), Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Bisulfite (Added to Maintain Freshness).

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 78 G
Servings Per Container 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 70
Calories From Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0 G 0
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 55 Mg 2
Total Carboydrate 16 G 5
Dietary Fiber <2 8="" g="" p="">Sugars 0 G
Protein 1 G
http://www.simplypotatoes.com/products/productview.cfm?prid=34


No comments:

Post a Comment