Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Herbed Golden Potatoes and Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas & Peanuts

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Herbed Golden Potatoes and Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas & Peanuts




Been a mostly cloudy and windy out today, high in the 60's. After Breakfast and the Morning
Workout I went to Meijer for some items that they had on sale this week. I was on I-75 North heading toward Meijer and I heard on the radio that in the South bound lane where my Exit was there was a huge accident. As I approached the wreck they were right a huge accident. There was 1 semi, 3 pick-up trucks, and 4 cars. No major injuries so they were very lucky, can't say the same for most of the cars though. At Meijer loaded up on some of their sale items, love going to Meijer always so clean and well stocked. So for dinner tonight I prepared Cumin Spiced Pork Chops w/ Boiled Golden Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas & Peanuts, and a baked Multigrain Batard Bread (Loaf).





I picked up a huge package of Pork Chops on my last visit to at Costco and had them in the freezer. I
got 3 of the Chops from the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Then to prepare my Chop I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork!




For one side I prepared some Herbed Potatoes using Yukon Gold Potatoes. To prepare them I cut quartered each Potato. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, Dried Rosemary, and Dried Thyme. Mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 20 minutes and served.



I also prepared some Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas & Peanuts. I took a 1/4 cup of Peanuts and gave them
a rough chop, and set aside. I then heated 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Olive Oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Added the Sugar Snap Peas, Sea Salt, Pepper and Peanuts and sauteed, tossing occasionally for 5 to 6 minutes, until the Sugar Snap Peas were crisp tender. Love this recipe! Then I also baked a Multigrain Batard Bread. For those wondering what Batard means; Batard, in bread circles, refers to an inferior baguette, typically half the length and many times the width of a classic baguette. (Traditional baguettes are about 2 inches in diameter and anywhere from 15 to 40 inches in length.) The long slender shape of a baguette maximizes the crus-to-bread ratio, but requires more time and labor to achieve than its squat batard cousin. First time I tried it and I've found a winner of a loaf! It's 120 calories and 21 net carbs per serving (1/5 of loaf). This meal is Parent Approved, Mom and Dad loved it! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment