Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ramen Noodle w/ Shrimp, Carrots, and Mushrooms

Dinner Tonight: Ramen Noodle w/ Shrimp, Carrots, and Mushrooms



Wasn't real sure on what I wanted for dinner so it was a last minute pot luck dinner of Ramen Noodle w/ Shrimp, Carrots, and Mushrooms, and it turned out great! I always keep packs of Chow Mein or Ramen Noodles in stock just in case of these last minute dinner ideas. Easy to fix, easy on the calories and carbs, and can go with about any type of meat or veggie. I used Maruchan Ramen Shrimp Flavored Noodles. To prepare the Noodles I used a medium size skillet and boiled one cup of water then added the Noodles. When all the water had been absorbed I added Mini Carrots, Shrimp, Mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of Cilantro Leaves, and 1 tablespoon of Light Soy Sauce.

 Before I boiled the Noodles I prepared my 3 add on ingredients. I used Large Shrimp 19 - 25 Count that I boiled for 3 minutes, seasoned with Sea Salt. The Carrots were the Mini Carrots that I boiled also until the were fork tender and for the Mushrooms I used Baby Bella Mushrooms that I sauteed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned with Sea Salt, Ground Smoked Cumin, and Parsley. It all came together for a healthy low calorie and low carb dinner! Love it when something unplanned comes together. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Dole Crushed Pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment