Dinner Tonight: Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread
To start my morning off I made a Poached Egg, prepared some al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage Breakfast Patties, toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Great way to start the day! Thunderstorms, rain, muggy and 86 degrees out today. Had another day of rain on and off today. Did a couple of loads of laundry for Mom. Then it was cleaning the house after Lunch, dusted and ran the vacuum. For Dinner tonight its Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread.
To make everything thing I'll need; Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs, Ragu Mushroom Sauce, Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, Morton's Lite Salt, and La Brea Multi Grain Bread. I normally use Honeysuckle White Turkey Meatballs but no local grocery stores sell them anymore, The same holds true for Jennie - O Turkey Meatballs. Both Honeysuckle and Jennie - O are fresh Meatballs which I prefer. The Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs are frozen, and I'm trying them for the first time.
As always I'm using Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Spaghetti. I always try use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pastas. The Spaghetti is 180 calories and 35 net carbs, which isn’t bad for Pasta. Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pastas is another product that I can find around here anymore. Meijer is the only one that has it consistently. Walmart will carry the Spaghetti from time to time. To prepare the Spaghetti; Just boil your water and add the Spaghetti. Stir it often and cook it for 8 minutes. Drained it and put the Spaghetti into a medium size bowl. Seasoned it and set aside.
As the Spaghetti was cooking I started the Sauce and Meatballs cooking. To prepare the Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs; I used a medium size sauce pan and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. Added my Ragu sauce and started to heating it on medium heat. I then added the Meatballs, stirring well. Stirred it frequently, cooking for about 11 minutes. as usual the Ragu Sauce is spot on! The Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs came out great also! They have good flavor and they are only 140 calories and 3 net carbs per serving, 5 Meatballs per serving.
To put the meal together I grabbed a bowl and made a of Spaghetti in it. Topped it with the Turkey Meatballs and Sauce and the Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese. I also baked a slice of New York Bakery Lite Texas Toast. Really enjoyed tonight's Dinner! I also liked The Farm Rich Turkey Meatballs that I had tried for the first time. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.
Farm Rich TURKEY MEATBALLS
Turkey Meatballs contain 50% less fat than our Italian beef and pork meatballs. Total fat is 9 grams per serving compared to 20 grams for the Italian Meatballs. Also available in Original and Italian Style.
* All Farm Rich meatballs are gluten free!
* Less fat than traditional pork/beef meatballs
* Fully cooked
To “gobble” up these tasty Turkey Meatballs, you’ve got a lot of prepping options at your disposal. Want to slow cook them? Go for it. Rather put them on the stovetop? Be our guest. As for popping them into the microwave or oven? Yes, you can do that, too. These meatballs are versatile!
Keep frozen until ready to prepare. Due to differences in appliances, cooking times may vary and require adjustment. Microwave instructions developed using an 1100 watt microwave oven.
Caution - Product will be hot!
* For food safety, quality and thorough cooking, please follow the instructions below.
* Product is not ready to eat until fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Conventional Oven:Conventional oven
* Preheat oven to 350°F.
* Arrange Turkey Meatballs in a single layer on baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven.
* Bake half bag for 22-23 minutes or full bag for 28-29 minutes.
* Arrange Turkey Meatballs in the center of a microwave-safe dish.
* Add 1 TBSP water and cover with a paper towel.
* Microwave 1 serving (5 pieces) on HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds.
* Place Turkey Meatballs in a saucepan and cover with your favorite sauce.
* Set to MEDIUM heat, cover, and heat for 25-30 minutes (full bag), stirring often.
* Place Turkey Meatballs in the slow cooker and cover with your favorite sauce.
* Set to HIGH, covered, and heat for 3-4 hours (full bag)