Saturday, July 1, 2017
Meanwhile back at the SayersBrook Bison Ranch..........BISON OSSO BUCO
This week from the SayersBrook Bison Ranch its BISON OSSO BUCO. At the SayersBrook Bison Ranch website (http://www.sayersbrook.com/) you'll be able to choose from items like; Bison, Elk, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Rabbit, Hams, and more! You can also find a great selection of recipes like the one for BISON OSSO BUCO. Don't wait, check it out today! Now on to the BISON OSSO BUCO recipe. Enjoy and Eat Healthy! http://www.sayersbrook.com/
BISON OSSO BUCO. BIGGER, BETTER, TASTIER.
Osso Buco mean “Bone with a hole” but it’s not a hole at all, it’s filled with delicious marrow. Easy to cook, just take any recipe for osso buco and substitute bison for beef or veal. There is lots of meat covering the bone making for a flavorful, hearty meal. This is a wonderful dish to serve family and friends during the cold winter months. Stick to your ribs delicious.
Bison Osso Buco
prep 45 mins cook 3 hours total 3 hours, 45 mins
yield 8 servings
8 Bison shins / Osso Buco
3 sweet onions, chopped medium
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 carrots peeled and cut 1/4" thick
2 tbsp dried oregano
8 celery stalks, chopped medium
1/2 stick unsalted butter
4 tbsp chopped garlic
2 cups red wine
1 cup chopped parsley
1-cup beef broth
4 Italian tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup Texas Pete sauce or your favorite BBQ sauce
1 lb sliced mushrooms
3 bay leaves
Flour for dusting
1. Rinse shanks and blot dry
2. Dust shanks in flour and add to a roasting pan containing hot olive oil. Brown all sides and remove from pan
3. Add onions, carrots and celery to pan and sauté until onions are translucent.
4. Sauté mushrooms in a separate pan with butter until all moisture has evaporated. Add to roasting pan
5. Add remaining ingredients and return shanks to pan. Cover pan with a lid or aluminum foil tent and roast for 3 hours at 350 degrees.
6. Discard bay leaves and rosemary sprig and serve with egg noodles and a green salad
Serves 8 Adults
Serving Size 2 0z (112 gr) steak
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.5 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%
Cholesterol 50 mg 17%
Sodium 45 mg 2%
Protein 23 g 46%
BISON AND WILD GAME RECIPES
It's so easy to eat all natural, bison and wild game meat. NO antibiotics, NO steroids. Chemical Free. Buy online and have it delivered to you door. And we've got tons of easy recipes for every taste.
Cook fast, cook healthy!
Toll-Free: 888-472-9377 | Phone: 573-438-4449
1024 Outer Road, Potosi, MO 63664