Saturday, July 29, 2017

Bison Chopped Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Green Beans

Today's Menu: Bison Chopped Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Green Beans




For Breakfast this morning I prepared an Egg Beater’s Egg White Cheese Omelet, I used Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and a few drops of Ortega Smoky Chipotle Taco sauce.
I also prepared 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, toasted a slice of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. The end of July and we have a high of 79 degrees! And it's one beautiful and sunny day out here today! After Breakfast I headed out to Meijer for a few items we needed. On the way back home I stopped and got gas, got the car washed, and picked up Breakfast for Mom at McDonald's. Back home after Lunch I got the cart out and did a few things around the yard. Then took the cart around the neighborhood and down by the lake, enjoying this beautiful day! For Dinner tonight I prepared a Bison Chopped Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Green Beans.


For Dinner tonight it’s one of my favorites, SayersBrook Ranch Bison Chopped Sirloin Steak. I love
this Chopped Steak. To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare it I’ll need McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and  Peppercorn Medley, McCormick Crushed Rosemary, and McCormick Thyme Leaves (all seasoning to taste). I got the Cast Iron Skillet out to prepare it. I first sprayed it with a very light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and then added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. When the pan was heated I added the Chopped Steak. I cooked each side 2 minutes.Then finished it in the oven, at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. It cooked up beautifully, perfect medium rare! Had a nice little char on the outside and moist and juicy inside. These are so tender you could slice them with a spoon and have an excellent taste to them. Another very good item from SayersBrook Ranch!




I topped the Chopped Steak with some A-1 Sauce Thick/Hardy. Also cooked up some Sauteed Mushrooms.







Then for one side I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash, easy recipe for some delicious
Butternut Squash! And this too has quickly become a favorite. I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Crumbled Bacon Bits, 1 tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.






To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the
Olive Oil, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash!









Next I heated up a large can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan and
heat until heated through. Also had a slice of LaBrea Multi Grain Bread, I baked this the day before and have some slices leftover. For Dessert/Snacks I had a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.












SayersBrook Ranch Bison Chopped Sirloin Steak

If you like the flavor of the sirloin, love the Bison Burger but want to take it up a notch, then the Chopped Sirloin Steak is for you! 4 lbs (4 packages each with 2-8oz chopped sirloin steaks).
Great flavor of the sirloin but also extremely tender and juicy.

http://www.sayersbrook.com/bison-chopped-sirloin-steak-4-lbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment